Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have just bought a second hand Rinnai 15. I'm told its

Customer Question

Hi
I have just bought a second hand Rinnai 15. I'm told its a year old.
But it only runs for 20 minutes before shutting down.
Is there some setting that I've done wrong?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 2 years ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Is there an error code? What size gas line do you have connected?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It's a regular Aussie line. Three quarters of an inch I think
There is no error code. It just shuts down as if it has reached a temperature which it clearly hasn't
When you run the hot water taps does the pressure seem to be the same as the cold taps or less flow? Do you know how old the Rinnai is? Has it ever been flushed? Have you cleaned the inlet filter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A Rinnai 15 Dynamo is a gas floor heater It runs for 20 mins then shuts down. It could be the thermostat because it's misreading the temperature bIt's winter here in Aust and it's certainly not reaching anywhere near room temp
Oh no. So sorry. I saw Rinnai and I assumed it was the water heater. I will opt out and open to other experts who may be more familiar with the heater.