Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My York air conditioner stopped working to day. The unit outside

Customer Question

My York air conditioner stopped working to day. The unit outside runs but the blower will not spin. I replaced the blower motor and condenser. The blower fan still will not kick on. However the furnace fires up and the blower fan will start up and run in the heat setting. If I try to just turn on the blower fan on at the thermostat it clicks at the control panel in the furnace but nothing happens. Any suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your blower. If you've replaced the blower and run capacitor, then it is going to most likely be a bad board. But this can be confirmed with some voltage readings at the board.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.
Did you still need assistance with this?