Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

My power light does not come on

Customer Question

my power light does not come on
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!Have you checked 24 volt fuse on board? Which power light are you referring to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
I submitted the offer for phone call.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i want to type my problem
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Have you checked 24 volt fuse on board? Which power light are you referring to?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the light on the IFC that remain lit and light that blink to indicate the problem type.
I did not see the fuse on the board. will look more careful
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
OK, thanks
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I see the fuse it is similar to the ones in the cars
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, correct
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
it market E how much A
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Not understanding that last response
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok i see it mark 3 ap
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
3 amp, yes, see if that is blown.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
there are two lines within the fuse the top one is good but the bottom one look burned
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
OK, this is probably your problem, then. Did you do anything to cause this such as change a thermostat or anything?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes i realized that i put the c line in the place of the o line
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
OK, just replace the fuse and you should be back in business.Yes, good luck! Thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the unit was working fine but no cooling
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
OK, I understand. The reason your light is not on is the blown fuse.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Did you have any other questions?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Why I am not getting cool air
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
That could be a separate issue. Is the outside unit running?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
If the outside unit is running, check the larger of the two copper lines going into unit (called the suction line). This should be cold to the touch. If it is not running, check the circuit breaker and fuses for outside unit. I have to leave for a bit, but will check back when I return.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i touched it and it is not cold, the outside unit is working but the larger line is not cold
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Then the unit most likely is low on charge.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what do i buy
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
what type gauge and hose i know is 410A and what pressure should i stop at
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
This will not be something you can just buy and take care of. First of all, as a person not certified for refrigerants, you will not be able to even purchase the refrigerant to recharge the system. Secondly, even if you had refrigerant, it requires expensive equipment to add and check pressures on the unit. And know what to look for when charging.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did the course and is now certified for refrigerants but do not equip yet and no field experience yet, it i get the equip with some directions i can do it,
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
I'm going to opt out and see if one of our other experts can help here as I have to leave for quite a while. Please do not rate the question yet or reply back and this will go into the que for other experts.