airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Rick, I have a Fedders portable air conditioning unit

Customer Question

Hello Rick,
I have a Fedders portable air conditioning unit I want to use in "Dehumidifier Mode". Do I need to use the two vent hoses for this mode? The manual is not specific on that topic
Thank you in advance!!!
Bob Twiss
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.If only using in dehumidify mode you will not need the vent hoses as the moisture is evaporated rather than taken outdoors.
IN cool mode, the vent is used to exhaust the heat that is removed from the house and drain carries water out.
If my answer has been courteous, polite and thorough and you are satisfied that I have done an accurate job of addressing your question, please rate answer below.Bonuses are always appreciated.Your expert is not paid for assisting you until you leave rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your quick reply. It saves a lot of trouble for me!
Expert:  airheatman replied 1 year ago.
Absolutely.THanks for allowing me to help