Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Tim, I also have the Honeywell T8602c thermostat. I also

Customer Question

Hi Tim,
I also have the Honeywell T8602c thermostat. I also had the replace battery message. I removed the plate, changed the batteries and now have nothing on the screen. I have checked the batteries, thatthey were in correctly and left them out for half an hour. Any suggestions?
thanks Stuart
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.I'm sorry you are having trouble with your thermostat. According to this guide, if batteries are in correctly and no display, it says to replace thermostat. And that sure makes sense to me. But try this: try reseating the thermostat on the backplate. Make sure it is on correctly. Is furnace powered on?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi Tim, I read the manual also. Saw I might need to replace the thermostat. Replaced the unit on the wall, seems to be on correctly. Not sure what you mean by the furnace, or where it is located.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
There are 2 sources of power to a thermostat. The furnace or air handler supplies 24 volts to it. The batteries are there for backup should power go out. I really don't think it will make any difference, but check your furnace or air handler, make sure power switch is on, blower door on securely, and breaker not tripped. However, it sounds like this is going to end up being a bad thermostat.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Unfortunately I think your right. Will hunt one down and replace it. Thanks for trying.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Yes, good luck! Thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any additional questions.