HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a PG8MAA036070 furnace that the blower won't shut off.

Customer Question
It only shuts off when...
I have a PG8MAA036070 furnace that the blower won't shut off. It only shuts off when switch to off
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
7/23/2015
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 2 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Hello, there are only 2 choices....there is a short in the thermostat or thermostat wire....OR...the circuit board is bad. If you remove the green thermostat wire from the circuit board G terminal...and blower continues = bad board
Ok I replaced digital to Mercury stat and still doing same. I ohm stat wire and ohm ok. So you telling me that if I disconnect the fan green wire from board and still runs then bad board. Could it be a dirty sensor or bad limit switch
It will shut off if stat is switch to off position
Hello
if it were a bad switch you would have no heating or cooling....if you have function but blower runs nonstop it is circuit board
does fan run non stop in auto?
Yes it runs continuously on auto
May I ask how wires are attached in furnace and in thermostat (color to terminal)
I disconnect low voltage from the board and stat ohm it out and ohm ok
ohm will only tell us if open, not shorted
Board to stat
W-W
G-G
Y-Y and W condenser
R-R
Common R condenser
ok I am confused on "and W condenser R-R Common R condense" is red wire to R in stat and at boardwhite wire to w in stat and boardyellow to y in stat and boardgreen to g in stat and board Then the 2 wires from ac:one on Y with the thermostat yellow and one on C?
Yes correct
thank you. If board were bad....the blower would not shut off when switched to off from auto. when blower is running nonstop just remove that green wire from g....if it stops it is in the wiring..if it does not it is in the board
BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech