HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a Goodman ARUF042-00A-1 and it is not cooling

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
The unit was frozen solid when I first noticed the problem. I have cleaned the evaporator coils. It is still not working.
7/21/2015
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 2 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. Thanks for your business!I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your air handler and AC system. There are several things that can cause the issue you mention, besides a dirty coil. Is the air flow good throughout the house? Filter clean? Poor airflow can cause a system to ice up. Another possibility is that the system is low on charge (refrigerant).
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer