BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have the same Amcor kf9000e that you helped a customer with 4 years ago. Mine is also no

Customer Question

I have the same Amcor kf9000e that you helped a customer with 4 years ago. Mine is also not cooling although everything else seems to work correctly. I tried gently rocking it back and forth as you suggested, but no luck. Your answer referenced plan 2... can you tell me what that would be?
Thanks,
Susan
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
is there water collected inside the unit?
use reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No. I unscrewed the cap on the water tank and nothing came out. The unit has been stored since it quit working three years ago. It worked fine the first year I had it and then didn't cool the following summer when it came out of storage. I checked the manual and it indicated that I would need to ship it back to them for diagnosis and correction, but I can't find the manual anymore so I'm stuck.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
are you able to disassemble the unit and test with a voltmeter?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No... and I don't see why that would make a difference. The unit turns on and air is moving, it just isn't cold. The unit has a light that indicates the compressor is on, but it isn't cooling. I assume it has lost refrigerant.