BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Switched the mode on my Comfort Star mini-split from cool to

Customer Question

Switched the mode on my Comfort Star mini-split from cool to dry... System now no longer cools... Outside unit does not trigger. Is this a temp. Sensor issue?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
is the dry set point lower than the room humidity now?
Or are you saying that even turning back to cooling does not activate compressor?
use reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The system was running on cool when I switched it to dry mode ( the house was cool enough and we just wanted to remove the humidity). I let it run on dry for a while and when I tried switching it back to cool the outside unit/compressor never kicked in. The inside unit works fine though ?!
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
could you do me a favor and check to see what power is present at the outdoor unit disconnect?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hi BillyThanks for your response.I did reply back yesterday but I guess it didn't make it through to you.So basically the system was running on cool when I decided to switch it to dry (temperature inside the house was comfortable but a little humid... Reason why I changed the mode).After having it run on dry for a while I switched the unit back to cool but no cold air came out... only temperate air is now coming out. I went outside to check on the compressor and sure enough nothing running. I then decided to flip the breaker off and back on but that didn't change anything.I also cleaned the filters on the inside unit...The defuser/inside unit is running fine... it just seems as though there's no communication between the inside and outside unit. Which is why I'm suspecting a thermostat issue.Hope that paints a clearer picture for you.Thanks in advance for your help on this.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
Do you happen to have a small box mounted on the side of the house by the outdoor unit? Is there 2 fuses inside this box?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No outside fuse box Billy. 120 goes directly in to outside unit. Took side panel off so you can see inside... Pic attached