airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

I have a new goodman 18 seer heat pump DSZC180361. i just installed the system the system

Customer Question

i have a new goodman 18 seer heat pump DSZC180361. i just installed the system the system won't run at all, even when the thermostat is set at manual fan the fan won't run. i have the hi voltage connections correct. I'm pretty sure that all the thermostat connections are correct all the way to the outside unit except that i have a green wire coming from the air handler MBVC1600AA to the outside unit , but I don't know where to connect it to the outside unit. There isn't any green wire or post that I can find to connect it to. do you know where the green wire from the air handler connects to the heat pump? or anything else I need to check
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 2 years ago.
Please list all of the wires from air handler,and outdoor unit and tell me what each connects to at the thermostat.Normally the green wire from the air handler will go to G at thermostat only.THis brings on indoor fan and does not go to outydoor unit at all.WE will go from here.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, thank you i will check it out and get back with later today after i get home from work
Look forward to hearing back, Pictures might be helpful also showing control wires at each unit and thermostat.
If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or
You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .
Here is a link to the site.
http://tinypic.com/
Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.
They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW
You will see your picture on right side of screen.
Then copy the link URL for email & IM
Paste that link here on the site.