Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Lost electricity briefly, now my Bryant evolution thermostat

Customer Question

lost electricity briefly, now my Bryant evolution thermostat wont come on. Acts like no electricity, but all other parts of house have electricity
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
Hello, Tell me a lot about your technical skill set and if you have a multi meter or not so that I can coach you most effectively. So far it sounds like an electrical spike from the power outage damaged the electronics that controls the system. We can go from there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
the loss of electricity was due to a friend switching off breaker, not electrical spike. My husband vacuumed out condensation pan from unit in the attic and hit some switch and now 2 of 3 thermostats work. Main house thermostat is not working still. We have 2 ac units and 3 thermostats. 1 unit and 2 of the thermostats are working
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
is there a reset button for the Bryant evolution thermostat?
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
Hello again, there is no reset button for the situation you describe, there are other resets for various setting changes you might want to make however. http://ableairinc.com/EVOLUTION.pdf These systems are absolutely complex, your husband is doing as much or more than I can for you here. You will most likely have to call in the local Bryant dealer, if you need his phone number tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will get it for you.Then I will opt out so that other of our experts here can take a look at the situation.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
our ac guy is Walls heating and air. I'll call him on Monday, just thought there was a button to reset.
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
I wish you the best of luck with it, feel free to get back to me with what he discovered. I would appreciate that.
.