Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

Display front panel went blank, power is on, AC is working

Customer Question

display front panel went blank, power is on, AC is working
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your thermostat. Have you tried reseating the front part of thermostat to the back (called the subbase)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have no idea what you taking about the backlit LCD display went dark
Expert:  Tim H. replied 2 years ago.
A thermostat consists of two parts. The front with the display and the back part that connects to the wall. Most of them pull straight out and separate. I'm just asking if you tried this. If the front part is not seated firmly on back, it could be blank.