How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask BillyHvac Your Own Question
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 22678
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
BillyHvac is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a Hunter (now owned by Empire) wall mount Furnace Model

Customer Question

I have a Hunter (now owned by Empire) wall mount Furnace Model GW50 - 2. It has a SIT 630 EUROSIT gas valve that is giving problems. Max pressure is 1/2 psi and outlet pressure is 10" WC. I would like to change over to a Robertshaw gas valve. Could you give me the model # ***** the equivalent valve.
Doug MacLean
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
does your version have both thermocouple and the thermopile? And how much extra room do you have for a longer valve?
use reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I have both a thermocouple and thermopile and lots of space. I was thinking I would change it to a robertshaw model no 710-205.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
That is exactly where I was going pending you had the millivolt version and room. Some were limited with 90 degree valves thst were very tight.
If you have room, the 710-205 is great. It has the longer cap tube. Just make sure to convert to lp as it ships ng but has the lp capability