BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I TRIED TO HOOK UP A REMOTE THERMOSTAT TO SL28N30B-A AND I

Customer Question

I TRIED TO HOOK UP A REMOTE THERMOSTAT TO SL28N30B-A AND I HAD BAD RESULTS.ONLY THE FAN CAME ON NOT THE COMPRESSOR (NO AIR CONDITIONING)
HOW DO I SET THE CONTROL SETTINGS? PUSHING SIMULTANEOUSLY THE FOUR OUTSIDE SWITCHES [SYSTEM,UP ARROW,FAN SPEED, AND TIMER SCHEDULE GETS TO SETTINGS 00---> 99 SET ON or SET OFF HOW DO I FIND OUT WHAT THE ORIGINAL FACTORY SETTINGS ARE SUPPOSED TO BE?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
does the unit still respond directly but just not with remote?
use reply
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
THE UNIT SHOWS THE COOLING ICON ( SNOWFLAKE ) INDICATING THE COMPRESSOR IS ON AND ITS COOLING. HOWEVER ONLY THE FAN IS RUNNING WITHOUT COOLING OR COMPRESSOR RUNNING. I NEED THE CODES YOU COULD PROBABLY GET THEM FROM A KNOWN GOOD UNIT SCROLL AND RECORD YES/NO