airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Trying to remove old weathertron thermostat and upgrade to

Customer Question

Trying to remove old weathertron thermostat and upgrade to new one. . Can't see how to get it off the wall? ?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Do you have a photo of the old thermostat? Most of the Weathertrons have 2 screws holding subbase to wall .
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Trying to send pic. .
If you have a paper clip icon on your page you can attach using that link.Or
You can upload the pictures using the tiny pic site .
Here is a link to the site.
http://tinypic.com/
Click on Browse , select the file from your folder.then click UPLOAD NOW.
They will give you a quote to enter in the box to verify you are a human.Enter the quote and click UPLOAD NOW
You will see your picture on right side of screen.
Then copy the link URL for email & IM
Paste that link here on the site.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just tried link. .no idea where it went
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Get it?
Do i pop off some part to get to screws
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello. ..
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This isn't working. . I can't stand here all day waiting for answers. . Please take your $5 and refund the rest. .thanks anyway. Will just have to get done another time
Plasee provide your number on the additional offer service and I will call you. We can get this done
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If it's going to cost me $50 to do it myself I'll just pay someone to come do it. .thanks anyway
I understand.If you want to continue working here we can do so. Simply grasp the highlighted part of thermostat in pic I sent and pull it out.Then you will see the screws holding it to wall.
Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.
If no expert can help and you are unsatisfied, we can request a refund of your deposit.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Didn't get a pic from you. .??
Did not intend on leaving a bad review of you. .and from the wording I can tell I'm pretty much screwed as far as refund so I will get back with you when I have hours to sit and wait on replies. .just can't do that today. . Have got nothing accomplished this far on this project
have a good day
http://i.imgur.com/T46H7yQ.png
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Just got pic. . That's what I thought but wasn't coming off.. even with gentle prying with screwdriver. .that's why I came to you. If that's how it dismantled then I guess I will be more forceful . Thanks
Yes it has to come off to access the screws. See picture beloe:
http://i.imgur.com/qiuw4N6.png