Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

Switching from Baystat240A to TH4210D. I have a Trane XE1000, with air handler and Aux hea

Customer Question

Switching from Baystat240A to TH4210D. I have a Trane XE1000, with air handler and Aux heat. There are three wires that I need help with. On the Baystat: the Black wire goes to X2 and jumps to W. White wire goes to F; Blue wire goes to B. (R,T,O,G,Y also used (U & W also jumpered).
On the TH4210D, there are E,Aux,Y,G,O,L,R,B,C terminals. Currently the E and Aux have a jumper between them.
Need to know where the Black wire, Blue wire, and White wire go.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Also, should I take the jumper off E and Aux?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Actually, just figured it out: The White wire is for malfunction light and can be taped and not used on new terminals. The Blue is common and goes to C. The Black wire is for emergency heat and goes to Aux. They should stay jumpered, correct? Do you have recommendations for the setup function on the new thermostat? The setup guide is here: https://customer.honeywell.com/resources/techlit/TechLitDocuments/69-0000s/69-1763.pdfThank you.
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 2 years ago.
Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! You got that figured out EXACTLY right! I was just about to type all that! If you have separate E and Aux terminals, (there was in-model changes on some Honeywell model where the terminals were combined) you should jumper them together. In the installer set up there is nothing you really need to change. The defaults should work fine. If you find that your temperature swings are drastic in heating or cooling, you can adjust the CPH rates as you wish. It's not that critical at all. Please reply if you have further questions! Otherwise, please remember to rate positively before you leave! Bonuses are welcome and very much appreciated! Thank you,Brian