airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

On one of your previous chats about the carrier weathermaster

Customer Question

On one of your previous chats about the carrier weathermaster 8000 you told someone to short cool and L1 and determined it was a bad switchboard. If the blower did not come on in my situation but instead made a dull humming buzz sound then is it a bad motor?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  airheatman replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.THis can be either a bad motor or a bad capacitor.Does your meter read uF(microfarsd) so we can check the capacitor?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm sorry I don't have a meter. Is there any other way to check if it is a capacitor or not? Keep in mind, just before all this happened there was a series of loud bangs and ratteling, so I'm assuming motor?
I sus[ect the motor also, but always like to check capacitor as it is much less expensive and often a problem. You can do a visual to make sure it is not puffy or swollen, but to check accurately would require a capacitance meter.
http://i.imgur.com/xgMwQxN.jpg
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Well I took out the cage assembly and looked inside and saw the fan wheel had detached from the shafts of the motor and was shredded as well as the motor not spinning when power is applied. Just to save me research, what is the motor, fan wheel, and capacitor that I need to order? And where do I order from?
1.Capacitor is part #P291-0753
2. Blower wheel is part #LA22ZA123
3. Motor is part #HC43TE114
You can Google these numbers to find best price online
Thanks for letting me work with you.If my answer has been polite, professional,and thorough, please click one of the ratings now. If you still need help let me know!.Expert is not paid for assisting you until you rate answer.Feel free to follow up for 30 days at no additional cost. Bonus always appreciated if you feel justified.