HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I have a White Rodgers thermostat on my hot water heater, an

Customer Question
Intellevent 37E74A301P1 that continuously...
I have a White Rodgers thermostat on my hot water heater, an Intellevent 37E74A301P1 that continuously goes on vacation. It comes on and the pilot light comes and when the burners kicks on it dies out and shuts down. Any suggestions. Could really use some help.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
7/10/2015
HVAC Technician: Rick, HVAC Supervisor replied 2 years ago
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
What LED's (besides Vacation) are lit when it locks out? How long does the burner stay lit? What brand water heater?
Hot water heater is a Solid State gas, the main burner kick in for about ten to fifteen seconds
Ok, so what other LED's are lit?
The 6th and seventh heat lights comes on the first time then it kick on to vacation on the third try
I'm sorry we seem to be having an issue with the phone call option. We should be able to resolve this here. There has to be more than just the vacation LED light up when it locks out. This will indicate the error/fault. If you aren't getting a readout now unplug the heater then plug it back in again in a minute or so then tell me what it displays.
Still looking , but all the lights come on and I reset them to the proper heat, and after the third try again it goes on vacation with the 6th and seventh lights still on
Ok, back in a few after I look that up
Ok, first there are only 6 LED's so the 7th doesn't exist. I'm assuming you mean the last 2 on the right. If this is accurate then the error indicates there is an internal problem with the control and it will have to be replaced. If the heater is more than 8 years old it may not be worth the expense to replace the gas control valve since the heater is nearing the end of its expected life and could leak at any time. If its less than 6 years old then this may be a warranty issue
Thank you
You're welcome
Rick
Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor