Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

AC unit stopped working - was looking through your response

Customer Question

AC unit stopped working - was looking through your response to someone else with same issue
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If not debris, what else would I check before calling a pro in?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Note: Furnace Fan is blowing
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry - looks like it didn't list all the information I provided ------ AC stopped working at some point today. Thought it might be the NEST thermostat - checked that and removed to connect Y1 and Rh wires to see about overriding the thermostat. No success.Contacted power company to ensure it's not a brown out or saver switch kind of thing -- nope.There is a fair amount of debris at bottom of unit from recent storms - not sure if that impacts it ...currently raining so have opted to not attempt to remove guard to mess with that at 11pm in the rain
Expert:  airheatman replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment.Do you have a multi meter for testing voltage? If not you can get an inexpensive one at Walmart for about 15 bucks, if you have or would like to obtain a meter to troubleshoot , I will be happy to guide you.Without a meter , there are a limited number of things we can check if you are able to do a visual inspection and can do some hands on troubleshooting.Please let me know and we can go from here