Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a Scotsman AC56 that recently stopped producing ice.

Customer Question

I have a Scotsman AC56 that recently stopped producing ice. The unit is receiving power and the water is coming in but not forming ice. I suspect it may have something to do with the white wire removable tray not being in the exact correct position but hoping for advice please
Category: HVAC
Expert:  shaithus1 replied 2 years ago.
Hi... not sure what is "white wire removable tray" is.. couple of things to check first if you have a volt meter, you need to ensure the bin tstat is closed, that the cleaning switch is off, then with the unit supposedly set to make ice...see if the compressor is running...if it is not.. check if voltage is going to the start components if not then your evaporator temp control is probably faulty... if there is voltage at the compressor and the compressor is not running then its a bad compressor.. let me know what you find...Phillip
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** don't ave a volt meter and it appears too technical for me. I will take it to a local technician to fix, Thanks again.