HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Coleman mobile home electric furnace, model 4010A721. No wiring…

Customer Question
coleman mobile home electric furnace...
coleman mobile home electric furnace, model 4010A721. No wiring diagram available. Wiring to thermostat includes three wires. Labeled 1, L, C (not used), and 2. I hooked the 1 wire to the Black post on the thermostat, L to Yellow, and 2 to Red. The heating element went on but the fan did not so I cut the circuit at the breaker. Any thoughts on how to hook the furnace to the Honeywell Non-Programmable Thermostat (RTH111 Series)?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
7/7/2015
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 3 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Is this heat only or also has cooling?
Use reply
Heat only. Old furnace, worked well until the mercury switch thermostat went out.
Ok I think you had wired right but the thermostat was not set for electric heat to turn the blower on at start up.