HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a ruud achiever 90 plus. Blower works on manual but…

Customer Question
I have a ruud achiever...
I have a ruud achiever 90 plus. Blower works on manual but will not fire up or stay on when I click over to the heat button on thermostat. Both green lights are on 1) power 2) ok.
The unit worked last season. The only thing that changed was had my LP line broke last fall by construction workers. That is fixed an have LP running in lines again.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 2 days by:
7/5/2015
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 2 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
What is the exact fault you have? Is the unit not lighting or lighting and going out?....or is the heat blower not running?
Use reply
There is nothing. Originally the ok light was blinking twice and then pausing for 2seconds. Now When I push on the safety door switch the green ok light and the yellow light blink off then stay lit for 5 seconds. Still nothing at all happening. No clicking or any sound at all
Now I hear a click from a switch on the board that happens at the same time the lights click on and off (the green and yellow lights mentioned above)
Tapped on the switch and tried it again and the main fan kicked on and stayed on but no gas or flame came on
do you see a glow from an ignitor?
No glow at all.
Ok so for cooling the blower works as it should.
For heat, we do not get any flame....exhaust fan starts and runs...pressure switch is new, but unit never lights?
Yes
On heat start up...can you tell if the pressure switch is closing?
I cannot tell if it is closing or not
is it a 2 wire switch?
Yes
do this exactly
furnace off
remove 2 wires on pressure switch
furn on
AFTER THE DRAFT MOTOR STARTS...touch and hold the 2 wires together.
tell me if starts
No gas, fire or ignition. Main fan still keeps running
did exhaust fan start?
No
we off on a safety then.
Do you have voltmeter?..we want to check the thermostat wire terminals in furnace R to C
Yes I do. Will check
When set on ohms the meter show that there is a strong current
we want volts ac~
what is meter selector on?...is that a Simpson 560?
BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech