HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

TXV issue

Customer Question
Can you help with a...
Can you help with a TXV issue
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
7/3/2015
HVAC Technician: hvacexpertjoe, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
hvacexpertjoe
hvacexpertjoe, HVAC Technician
Since this unit is less than a year old did it work previously? I also don't believe this issue can be solved by cleaning unless your outdoor coil has been subjected to a ton of dirt somehow or you have been running the inside unit without a filter. Questions to answer:1. Is the unit freezing up? Is there ce on the large copper line on the indoor or outdoor unit?
Also, I need to know what type of refrigerant this unit is using. If it is less than a year old you could be running R22,R134A, or R410A. R410A is super sensitive to having the correct amount of refrigerant installed. The refrigerant type will be marked on the outdoor units sticker.
If you do suspect the TXV is acting chances are it can be that the sensing bulb attached to the TXV is not making good contact with the suction line. Remove any insulation from the bulb and make sure it is securely attached with a metal retainer and making contact with the suction line. If this bulb is not sensing the superheat(aka a temperature change in the suction line) it will not open and close the TXV properly.
Apparently, since you didn't even raise the question, you are not familiar with Copeland's current situation with the rust inhibitor gunking up the system and their "fix" is a cleaner. The system is less than a year old; I will contact York directly - this was my first time trying this service and I don't see it as being helpful.
If this is an outdoor unit fan you may have a bad contactor. The compressor and fan should run at the same time.If this is the indoor unit you may have a bad control board relay or fan relay.
So does the outdoor unit blow fuses?
Also I have never heard of Copeland having a rust inhibitor that bunks up systems.
sorry bunks.
If the TXV were getting blocked up I would assume the outside unit would run until the pressures were so high it would blow fuses or trip overloads on the outdoor unit.
HVAC Technician: Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! I am aware of the issue with Copeland compressors, the rust inhibitor and TXV clogging. How can I help? What questions about this problem would you like help with? Thanks, -Brian
Apparently I have been passed off to another technician. Please quit sending me any more emails! I didn't like the first responders "answer", and I thought I made it clear I didn't want any further contact. I am NOT going to pay any more for this. the entire situation has been badly represented by Just Ask and I have made several attempts to reach them through Chat and Email with no response from them - I am telling you directly - DO NOT CONTINUE TO CONTACT ME and I am requesting a FULL REFUND!
I'm sorry for that. When your expert "opted out of your question" it put the question back on the board for the rest of us experts to help with. I was simply trying to help. We experts have no knowledge of what communication you've had with customer service. I have manually turned your question over to customer service for a full refund on your behalf. Your question is now closed and off of the active question board. Except for this response, you will receive no more replies from any experts here. I'm apologize for any inconvenience and the continued intrusion, it will no longer be an issue unless customer service contacts you directly. Best regards, -Brian