HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have the same problem as the sample shown. The top of the…

Customer Question
I have the same problem...
I have the same problem as the sample shown. The top of the cover comes off but the bottom just does not want to move. And there is no visible screw holding it.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
7/3/2015
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 3 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
hello,
what is the make and model..or post picture
Billy
It is a Honeywell digital (non-programmable) thermostat. The display is on the left and is about 1 inch square and the up/down buttons are to the right of it. On the bottom left is the 'auto/on' fan select and on the bottom right is the 'cool/heat' select.
so you have removed the top section and have just the subbase on wall?
No, that is my problem I cannot seem to get the cover off. The top comes off but, the bottom does not, and there is no visible screw holding the bottom.
have you tried a knife edge at the seam?
I do not know your exact model but 99% pop apart at a seam..usually from the bottom upward
The top half of the cover I can pull up but the bottom half feels solidly connected. I have tried using a flat screwdriver on the seam.
sounds frustrating...just a moment while I open this to the others...
This thermostat has only two sections whereas the newer ones have three. The newer therm. which I purchased, has two seams.It separates at the inner seam. On the old one I see only a single seam. Listen Billy, if or when you get a workable answer please email it to me, I need to go (other things to do). My email is***@******.*** . Bye.
I am waiting......