HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a 4 ton trane air handle split unit with heat pump on…

Customer Question
I have a 4 ton...
I have a 4 ton trane air handle split unit with heat pump on the air handle low voltage terminal strip terminals are W1,W2,W3,B,O,G YLO,Y,T,R HOW DO I WIRE THIS TO NEW THERMOSTAT
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
7/2/2015
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 2 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
How many wires do you have and what color are they?
We brought the building the unit came with it uninstall so we are going from scratch from thermostat to air handler
I have six wires come in from condenser to air handler
Ok the standard system is :
Red to R
White to W1
Yellow to Y
Green to G
Orange to O
Blue is B in the blower unit But C in the thermostat (if c is present)
Are those your colors?
yes
Great...
does that answer your question for today?
on air handle from condenser x2 is wired to w2 do I hook that up to w2 on thermostat
my thermostat have em1 and w2
ew1 sorry
That is correct...e1
so w2 on thermostat stays empty
Correct.
And you must program new thermostat for heat pump with backup heat
hi Billy are you still there
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Video Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
do you need more info
BillyHvac
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech