HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I HAVE A BRYANT FK4 HEAT PUMP SYSTEM. tHERE IS AN ODOR OF ELECTRICAL…

Customer Question
i HAVE A BRYANT FK4...
i HAVE A BRYANT FK4 HEAT PUMP SYSTEM. tHERE IS AN ODOR OF ELECTRICAL BURNING COMING FROM THE VICINITY OF THE INSIDE AIR HANDLER. tHE AIR CONDITIONER IS OFF. iS THERE SOME KIND OF ELECTRICAL FAN OR SOMETHING THAT RUNS WHEN THE UNIT IS OFF? NOT SURE IF THE BURNING SMELL IS COMING FROM THE INSIDE AIR HANDLER BUT THERE IS NOTHING ELSE AROND IT THAT IT COULD BE.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
7/2/2015
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Hello. The 24 volt transformer that powers the control system runs 24 hours a day, including when the power is off. If you can can tell me a lot about your technical skills I can coach you on a diagnosis or refer you to a local well rated repair facility. We can go from there.
Please refer me to alocal repair facility. I live in Columbia, Maryland zip 21046. Thank you.
Please refer me to a local technician. I live in Columbia, Marylnd zip 21046.
Hello again,
This is a very well rated outfit. scores 4.7 out of 5. On a total of 73 ratings.
http://www.esaheatac.com/ (###) ###-####
Let me know how it goes.
------------
We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. It is how I earn a living, and does not increase your charges. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional cost.