Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I HAVE A BRYANT FK4 HEAT PUMP SYSTEM. tHERE IS AN ODOR OF ELECTRICAL

Customer Question

i HAVE A BRYANT FK4 HEAT PUMP SYSTEM. tHERE IS AN ODOR OF ELECTRICAL BURNING COMING FROM THE VICINITY OF THE INSIDE AIR HANDLER. tHE AIR CONDITIONER IS OFF. iS THERE SOME KIND OF ELECTRICAL FAN OR SOMETHING THAT RUNS WHEN THE UNIT IS OFF? NOT SURE IF THE BURNING SMELL IS COMING FROM THE INSIDE AIR HANDLER BUT THERE IS NOTHING ELSE AROND IT THAT IT COULD BE.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
Hello. The 24 volt transformer that powers the control system runs 24 hours a day, including when the power is off. If you can can tell me a lot about your technical skills I can coach you on a diagnosis or refer you to a local well rated repair facility. We can go from there.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please refer me to alocal repair facility. I live in Columbia, Maryland zip 21046. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Please refer me to a local technician. I live in Columbia, Marylnd zip 21046.
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
Hello again,
This is a very well rated outfit. scores 4.7 out of 5. On a total of 73 ratings.
http://www.esaheatac.com/ (###) ###-####
Let me know how it goes.
------------
We are on the honor system here. Please remember to rate my service before you leave today. It is how I earn a living, and does not increase your charges. If you need anything else, just let me know. You can continue asking follow-up questions at no additional cost.