HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Twx036 stopped cooling. recently had a compressor capacitor…

Customer Question
twx036 stopped cooling. recently had...
twx036 stopped cooling. recently had a compressor capacitor replaced and refrigerant added. Condenser fan runs. Compressor does not run. Steady blinking led.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
7/2/2015
HVAC Technician: Heath.M, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
Heath.M
Heath.M, HVAC Technician
Hello my name is ***** ***** will be my pleasure to assist you. If the condenser fan is running then the contactor is pulled in and you are getting 24 volts to the condenser. It sounds like there is an issue with the compressor. You will need an electric meter to test the compressor windings to see if the windings are open. Also feel the compressor to see if it is really hot. Disconnect the power to the unit before doing any testing. If it was professionally installed I would get a hold of the installer and have them come back to diagnosis the issue.
The compressor has since come back on line and the house temperature has pulled down during the night. The pipe cleaner condenser coils are filthy and will be cleaned this morning which should help. What is the meaning though of the steadily flashing red LED?
great glad it has come back on. the steady blinking is normal operation call for cooling.
From the pictures you posted your unit looks to be running normal. Cleaning the outside coil with a garden hose will help the compressor stay cool and keep it from tripping on thermal overload. if the lines start to ice then you may have a low pressure condition ere the inside coil will start to ice up.