HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Soleus kfhhp-18-id error code H5: IPM module protection. what…

Customer Question
soleus kfhhp-18-id error code H5...
soleus kfhhp-18-id error code H5: IPM module protection. what does it do & what does it mean? can I troubleshoot it myself? can I fix it myself? could it be the IPM itself or another component connected to it? it started a week or so ago & I live in fresno.CA. average temp last week or two over 100 degrees. HOT HOT
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 day by:
7/3/2015
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 3 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
hello,
it could be just extreme heat related...see the following
Compressor will detect signal of module protection right away after it starts. Compressor closes
down in module protection status as if room temperature reaches the set value. And relevant error is
displayed. Compressor restores to run after stopping for 3 minutes.
If there are 6 continuous times of protection, compressor will stop and can not restart by itself. It
can only be restart by pressing "ON/OFF" button. In operation if operating time of compressor is
over 7 minutes, the number of times will be zero
6.1.3.7 overheating protection of module
When IPM temperature is too high, frequency of compressor will be demultiplied or limited. Wen
IPM temperature is beyond maximum, compressor closes down. The whole unit can only restart
when IPM temperature returns to norm and compressor has been stopping for 3 minutes.
If 3 times of IPM temperature protection happens in 1 hour, compressor will stop and can not
restart by itself. It can only be restart by pressing "ON/OFF" button