HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I need to know the cfm light blink constantly in a trane air…

Customer Question
I need to know the...
I need to know the cfm light blink constantly in a trane air handler unit. Model No. MOD2TWR2060A1000AB. SERIAL NO.
R41841532F
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
7/1/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.What is the issue you are having?
I changed the evapfanmotor the cfm light was blinking on the inside circuit board before the change out and after. Now no 24 volts coming onto themostat.
OK the cfm light should blink 1 time for every 100 cfms the blower is moving.Example 10 blinks between pausing means we are moving 1000cfms of air.
Now what was the issue you were having that made you suspect the circuit board was bad? And did you turn all power off to unit before starting?
I turned the thermostat off first. I then unplugged the plugs from fan circuit board the motor and ohmed the motor no ohms reading changed the motor and no power from the 24volt thermostat nor will the fan run period.
If you did not turn the breaker off to the air handler, look and see if maybe we have a small auto type fuse on control board that may be blown.
Do this unit have a safety switch that'll stop the unit from running even shut down the thermostat circuit..
That switch im speaking of is the door switch..
It is possible there is a float switch in drain, but not the common reason for this. This is usually a blown auto type fuse or burned up transformer. Is there is small fuse on board? If so remove it and see if it is blown.
There is an in line small auto fuse checked it good from circiluit board to transformer.
No i didnt turn off power at unit after r eh placing motor. I turned on power at unit to see if fan would run it will not come on.
Do you have a volt meter for troubleshooting? If not you will need to obtain one so we can check to see if we are getting power out of transformer or call in a tech to troubleshoot.
Im a tech certified no 24 volt was in neither transformer that why i need to see a schematic of this unit.
I am going to open this to other experts who may be able to assist you.I have opted out of the question to see if perhaps other experts may have more information and can assist.Please do not rate or reply as that will send question back to my desk.Please stand by to see if another expert can assist further.