HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

When I turn on my Ac it just run 1 minute than automatic turn…

Customer Question
when I turn on my...
when I turn on my Ac it just run 1 minute than automatic turn off, try again it is happen aggain
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/30/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.What is model on unit and if split system does both indoor and outdoor go off?

Reply did not show up

my AC is one unit in the roof top no indoor or outdoor, I was change dual capacitor contactor and thermostat , my AC is goodman brand, model# *****

Are you able to go on roof and do some hands on troubleshooting and do you happen to have a multi meter for some testing?

yes i can go on roof do some thing and I have multi meter

Excellent. Lets first narrow the issue down to being inside the unit or an external problem like thermostat or wiring.Go to unit .Disconnect the control wires going to the thermostat. Twist blue common and yellow Y together and let's see if unit will stay running or if it still shuts down after the 1 minute. We will go from here.

when I did like you say, the unit same before run and than shuts down

OK next we will use the volt meter. Reconnect the wires to thermostat.Turn thermostat to call for COOL.Put one lead on the blue wire that is coming from unit,going to thermostat and the other lead on the yellow wire and see if we have 24 volts ac.