BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

Bought house last year, came with Hitachi Utopia Supercharge unti

Customer Question

Hi, bought house last year, came with Hitachi Utopia Supercharge unti RAS-12HQE5 possible install 27/10/01. Based on experience with previous owner (who built house 2001) doubt had much maintenance. Use rarely as Council received complaint about noise, not very effective and does appear to make more noise when heating. no doubt a good service would be a start. Would appreciate your thoughts/direction and alternatives avail. David
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have had no response to a simple question and request. Is there something else I should be doing to get an answer or should I just request a refund as you are not able to help? This matter needs to be dealt, winter is here and we have a very large house that needs heating. Your site looked to be the quickest and simplest way to deal with it, lots of experts available. David
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
hello,
copy and paste the link below
http://www.mediafire.com/view/mreiznz5mtz/Hitachi_RAS_35.pdf
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Billy, You have sent me a link to a service manual not related to our AC unit that is of no use to us. You have not responded to my questions or offered any advice as to what might be the problem/s, why it can be very noisy (causing complaints to council), who might service/inspect the unit or any alternatives to upgrade or replace our unit as it appears to be about 13yrs old (same age as house). Assume as all ducting throughout the house is in good condition an upgrade or replacement of the outside AC unit itself may be the best way to go. Perhaps it just needs recharging/re-gassing! Please advise. David
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
I apologize for supplying the wrong RAS manual.
You can use the dealer locator at the below link
http://www.temperzone.com.au/find-an-air-conditioning-installer.aspx
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Dealer locator was the first thing I tried (and obviously the first thing anyone would try). First few were multi agency sales companies with no Hitachi experts avail. Referred to another who had an expert but he was at another division. Be back next day, tried next day and not in, left message, no response. After several more calls (did not find Hitachi web site of any use) I gave up and contacted your group with some simple questions (with no mention on your web site of having to pay to have those questions answered until after you ask your first question). At that stage I would have paid anything just to get it sorted as was and still am super busy working long hours made much worse with two bulging discs in my back severely restricting my activity and full of pills for the pain. My questions were never answered or properly responded to and many more days were lost while we are freezing in our 92 square house (impossible to heat by conventional means) and now I have a bad cold. Am now, at great cost, having the unit replaced with a new one. No point continuing. Please see that the fee deducted from my card is returned immediately.