HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have ab 8 or ten ton RTU that is down. All I have is a drawing…

Customer Question
I have ab 8 or...
I have ab 8 or ten ton RTU that is down. All I have is a drawing number###-##-#### All the labels on the compressors and the unit have been removed. Any idea what model this unit is?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/29/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.THis wil be difficult without some type of label. Do you have any idea what brand?
Rheem
Was hoping we might could find something listed as a publication on the label, but not finding anything. I
will open to see if other experts can assist while I look.
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Hello, If you can remove all of the service panels on one of the units and take a few photo's from 15 feet away, and a close up from 4 feet away looking into each of the open panels, and all of the data stamped into the black metal tag spot welded onto the compressor inside, I can tell you pretty much what you have. use the paper clip icon to attach the photo's... we can go from there. .
I was able to find the unit with the help of Rheem factory.thank you
Good work.