Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have a lennox air handler model #CB26UH-036-R-230-1. I went

Customer Question

I have a lennox air handler model #CB26UH-036-R-230-1. I went up into my attic to check on something not associated with the AC and I'm glad I did S I noticed that the drip pan under the handler was full of water and dripping over the edge in one corner. There is float switch attached to the pan and the float was raised up completely but the AC was still running. After removing all the water from the pan I removed the float switch thinking that it was not working. When I checked it out,found that it is working. Question: is there another electrical control that could not be working properly keeping the switch from working.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 2 years ago.
No if the switch is connected correctly it should work. Make sure it shuts down the outside unit. As for water in pan check your drain to see if it stopped up. A shop vac at outside drain outlet works well. Russ