Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

Hellon Brian. I am changing out va Miller LR69071 T Stat to

Customer Question

Hellon Brian.
I am changing out va Miller LR69071 T Stat to a Honeywell RTH7600D.
The old wiring is as follows:
X - Blue
W3 - White
R - Red
G - Green
O - Orange
Y - Yellow
E - Brown
Please can you advise which terminals these should be connected to, and also which need to be jumpered?
Thanks!
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 2 years ago.
Hello I'm Brian and I'm here to help! Thank you for the request! Your Honeywell RTH76700D thermostat should be wired as follows using the "Heat Pump" terminals: Red to R and leave factory jumper in place to RCBlue to CYellow to YGreen to GOrange to O/BWhite to Aux*Brown to E* * If you only have one terminal marked E/Aux or Aux/E, wire both White and Brown to that terminal. Once you power the thermostat up, you will need to go into installer set up by pressing the SYSTEM & FAN button once, then press and hold the center button until the screen changes. The thermostat should now be in the installer set up mode and the screen should have a small four digit number in the middle of the screen which is the Function then a larger two digit number to the right which is the Parameter for that function. You use the up and down arrows to change that function's parameter and the Next or Go Back buttons to go forward or back between the various functions. You need to change function number 0170 so the parameter is 7 for Heat pump with auxiliary heat.You need to confirm that function number 0190 is set at its default parameter of 0 (zero) The rest of the functions should be ok at their default value so press DONE when you have made the changes above. That should be it and your thermostat should be ready to use and/or program however you wish! Please reply back if you have further questions about this. Otherwise, please remember to rate positively before you leave! Bonuses are welcome and always very much appreciated! Thank you,Brian