HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have lennox elite centerl air that won't turn on

Customer Question
I have lennox elite...
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
It seems every year when I use this air conditioner for the first time there is a secret switch or command that I have to do to get it working.
Answered in 1 day by:
6/30/2015
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 3 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Does anything start with the outdoor unit? Have you checked the breaker or disconnect on side of house?
checked the breaker.
Thank you..
but does anything happen in the outdoor unit? compressor runs but fan does not..fan ones but not compressor or nothing runs?
nothing run outdoors - the only thing I hear and feel is the fan - not the fan on the air conditioner outside but the lower fan??
Thank you.
The part outside runs on 240 volts...2 separate 120v lines.
Are you comfortable getting into the outdoor unit?
Do you have a voltmeter?
i am ok getting into the unit. will also get a voltmeter.
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Hello again, Billy had to leave. Tell me when you have a volt meter so that you measure the voltage **between** the the two power lines that feed the unit, you can measure at on the bottom side of the disconnect switch or fuse block mounted on the wall next to the unit. It should read 230 volts approximately. If you have power there, I need you to send me clear, well focused, close up photo's of the wiring diagrams glue to the inside the furnace or air handler service panel, and the electrical controls box cover inside of the unit that sits outside. Use the paper clip icon above your reply box for that. We can go from there. .
Please hold your rating until we get the system fully diagnosed, so far we are on step one of information gathering.