Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Experience:  I have been an HVAC/R mechanic/technician for 30+ years.
67988511

I am about to purchase a home with a Payne unit, model #525A036HCFC. I

Customer Question

I am about to purchase a home with a Payne unit, model #525A036HCFC.
I Would like to identify the unit, its age and find manuals for it. If anyone can direct me, it would be great. I could not locate on the Payne web site.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Brian HVAC Guy replied 2 years ago.
I should be able to help with that. Can you tell me what the serial number is ***** the unit. The serial number is ***** determines the age most accurately. Also is this matched with a Payne, BDP, Bryant or Carrier outdoor unit? Thanks, -Brian
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Here is the serial number: 4080A00037.

I thought I sent it.

Thanks for the follow up.

Hi again Mike! I'm sorry for the slow response. Your Payne unit Model number 525a036hcfc is a vertical/horizontal air conditioning/heat pump Fan-Coil unit (air handler) with optional or factory installed accessory electric heat strip kit. It was manufactured the 40th week of 1980 and it's reasonable to assume it was installed in your home within a year of that date. Click Here for a PDF copy of the only reference document available for that model series Fan-Coil. Please reply if you have further questions. Otherwise, please remember to rate positively before you leave! Bonuses are welcome and very much appreciated! Thank you,Brian