HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a Goodman DSXC18 Air Conditioner and we had a bad…

Customer Question
I have a Goodman DSXC18...
I have a Goodman DSXC18 Air Conditioner and we had a bad storm with lots of lightning yesterday. It doesn't seem to be cooling like it was prior to the storm. The display on the AC unit flashes the letter F and then 07. What do I need to do to fix it?
Update: Yesterday the high temperature outside was 77 and that is what it was inside too. Today it is 87 outside and it is 70 inside and feels cooler. The display is now flashing F 12.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 day by:
6/29/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Let me know if you are still having issues. Provide model on the thermostat.(Should be inside front cover of thermostat)

In no way do I hold you responsible for this but when I found this website on a Google search it said answers every 9 minutes so I thought my answer would be that fast too. I wrote on Friday and didn't get a response until today, Monday. Since I didn't get a fast reply from JustAnswer, I called a local technician who came out and fixed the issue this morning (which was a piece of insulation that had worked its way loose inside of the unit and was blocking the fan). So I feel like I spent $28 for nothing. Again, not your fault. But I guess I am all fixed up and this is no longer an issue. Thanks anyway.