Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I'm in a hot dry climate and my trane heat pump just stopped

Customer Question

I'm in a hot dry climate and my trane heat pump just stopped running. The fan is running. I took the panel off the control board. There is a flashing green light. What is the problem?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
Hello,This will require some trouble shooting, you will need a multi meter and some experience with it and with working on appliances or cars etc. I will need a well focused picture of the unit wiring diagram glued to the back side of the unit electric control box panel, taken from close and straight on. I will mark it up with trouble shooting instructions. The blinking green light does not tell us anything without the approximated age and model number of the unit. It is important to know how hot it was outside when the unit failed and if the outside unit has had its condenser cleaned recently or not. Get me all that information, we can go from there if you wish. I will be off to bed shortly, if I miss you tonight I will pick your response up first thing in the morning.. .
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
You can attack the photo using the paper clip icon at the top of your reply box..
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
Oooops... 'attach'