BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

The batteries in my Honeywell thermostat went out last night.

Customer Question

The batteries in my Honeywell thermostat went out last night. After replacing them I can not get my AC or my heat to work. My Goodman furnace is showing "6 Blinks" on the board. It is summer in Michigan so I have not had the heat on in some time; is it possible to still have an issue with the rollout limit switch or is more likely to have an issue with the 24 volt system running to my thermostat?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
hello,
check the fuse on the circuit board. It codes the same as an open roll out.
Any damage to thermostat wire outside can blow this fuse...it is a blade type fuse, yellow 5 amp.