HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Trane rtu(non heat pump) single stage controlled via t stat(no…

Customer Question
Trane rtu(non heat pump) single...
Trane rtu(non heat pump) single stage controlled via t stat(no bas).....have correct power(460v) and at board I have 24v at R,G & Y.....fan blower comes on but condenser fan and compressor do not......there arent any fault codes.....I do have 24v at the low pressure cut off.....
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/23/2015
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 2 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
hello,
did you run a test at LTB strip terminals TEST?
No,I have been out of the trade a few years and electrial was and is a work in progress...although I do remember doing that I wasnt entirley sure what to expect when I connect 1 & 2 at the test strip......
if you have the panel with wiring on back...at top right is a test feature system.
Short test1 and 2 together and release..blower comes on, short again economizer (if present) opens, short again and cooling 1st stage...then 2nd, then heat etc.
What this does is test the mechanically while bypassing exterior controls and certain safetys
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer