HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have an Amana PTAC unit; the condenser still comes on, the…

Customer Question
I have an Amana PTAC...
I have an Amana PTAC unit; the condenser still comes on, the electric heat still works but the fan suddenly quit last night. What are the possible problems?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/23/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Could be an issue with a relay, a switch , the motor could be bad or the capacitor for the fan could be bad.Troubleshooting often requires meters and test equipment.Do you have a multi meter for testing voltage and capacitance? And are you able to do some hands on troubleshooting?