HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Using my thermostat to tell the a/c unit to dehumidify the…

Customer Question
Using my thermostat to tell...
Using my thermostat to tell the a/c unit to dehumidify the air using the low fan speed is not functioning. The a/c unit does not turn at all and the thermostat says that the status is "waiting for equipment". I have a bryant system that used a variable
speed blower and I have the Honeywell Prestige IAQ thermostat. I need the following: 1. Ensure thermostat is setup correctly for a variable speed fan 2.Get thermostat to tell A/C to turn on and dehumidify using low fan speed.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/22/2015
HVAC Technician: Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
Brian HVAC Guy
Brian HVAC Guy, HVAC Technician
Hi I'm Brian and I'm here to help! I am very familiar with the Honeywell Prestige system. I'm sure I can help you figure out your issue. I do have some questions first though. 1)What are the model numbers of your Bryant indoor and outdoor units?2)What is the model number of your Honeywell thermostat? (ex. THX9xxx-xxxx)3)Do you have an EIM connected to your Honeywell thermostat? If so, what is the model number of the EIM? (ex. THM5421xxxxx)4)Are you familiar with how to get into the extended set up table on your thermostat (ISU table)?5)How do you have Y/Y2, Y1 and DEHUM in your air handler wired to your thermostat or EIM? If you can please answer as many of these as possible it will help tremendously in assisting you. Thanks, -Brian