HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

My Honeywell thermostat went out and i had to replace the batteries.

Customer Question
The thermostat now works but...
My Honeywell thermostat went out and i had to replace the batteries. The thermostat now works but the ait won't come one. I turned the system off and left off for 10 min but it still won't come on. Is there a reset for a Lennox hp13-030-230-01
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/22/2015
HVAC Technician: Stingray, HVAC Professional replied 2 years ago
Stingray
Stingray, HVAC Professional
Hi My Name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you.Do you know what the model number of the thermostat is?
It looks and operates like the TH 8000 but it is not noted on the device. I should say the thermostat is working but the heat pump does not turn on. I have cycled through emergency heat, heat, off and cool but that didn't help.
Your model number will begin with the letters, T, TH, RTH, C, or CT and is on the back of the thermostat., you will have to remove the thermostat from the sub-base on the wall.
th8320u1008
I had already removed it to replace the batteries.
Okay, let me look up that stat, and get some information. shouldn't take long
Thanks
When you say the thermostat went out, I assume you mean the screen went blank?And now after changing the batteries the screen works, and the system functions(the indoor fan blows) except the outdoor unit, am I understanding correctly?
Yes
Are there any sounds coming from the outside unit at all when the thermostat is calling for cool? a very faint buzzing perhaps?Have you checked the circuit breaker for the outside condenser?
No noise at all. I will reset circuit breaker.
okay, let me know what you find
I had to put the stat back on the wall. it says, "wait" so it must be going through diagnostics. Stand by
Okay, the "wait" feature is a protection for the compressor. The message, "wait" is gone and the stat screen looks fine BUT when I set the fan to "circ", nothing happens. There is a manual override on the fan unit itself and I can turn the fan on there. I reset the circ breaker (220) but that did not help.
Do you have the ability to check power with a voltage meter?What is the make/model number of the furnace?Did you check to make sure none of the pins on the thermostat are bent/not making connection?
Yes I have a meter
It is a lennox heat pump.
No pins bent.
lennox hp13-030-230-01
What terminals are being used at the Thermostat? Example; R,C,W,W2,G,Y.....Are there any lights on the Indoor unit flashing? they would be on the main circuit board
E AUX R OB Y G Black
No lights
Alright, we need to check to see if we have 24VAC at the thermostat, R-E should tell us that. If you don't get a reading then we need to go into the indoor unit and check for it there between R and C. There may be a safety door switch keeping power from the unit while the door is off that you must push in during this test.
I get reading on r-e
I appreciate the effort but we are not getting anywhere fast. I am going to have to call a repair service. You must be handling a lot of calls at one time. You seem nice but the service is not satisfactory.
understood, I had a lunch meeting I had to attend. My apologies. If you would like to still try, if you jumper from R to y and g does everything come on?
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer