HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

Drew- my Carrier thermostat screen went blank. It has a hardwired r…

Customer Question
Hi Drew- my Carrier thermostat...
Hi Drew- my Carrier thermostat screen went blank. It has a hardwired rechargeable battery (non-replaceable). Any ideas?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/21/2015
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 3 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
is your blower unit draining into a pump? or is it in a attic?
A water safety switch can trip to prevent damage if a drain is blocked or pump fails...
All of my HVAC equipment is in the basement. What started this was another Carrier thermostat that went blank... 'bought a Honeywell programmable replacement, accidentally switched the green wire to the blue terminal (I am colorblind in a dimly lit situation). The system worked for awhile and then the Carrier thermostat went blank in another zone (I have two zones for the unit).
Where would I find a "water safety switch?"
Thank you....so is there a blinking light on the circuit board in the blower/furnace indoors?
I will check to see... where would the circuit board be on the unit?
blower section.
ok, I'm on it
Are you going to call me?
no blinking light in the electrical area of the blower section
I do not have 24 hours to spend on this... It's blazing hot in here
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 3 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Did you find the control board in furnace? If so look and tell me if there is a small 3 or 5 amp auto type fuse on the board. If so see if it is blown.
http://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png
http://i.imgur.com/zOpm9aP.png
Sorry Tim- I had a professional out this morning. Fixed it in 15 min... Burned out transformer. I appreciate your note, am unhappy with the service justanswer.com gave me. Please cancel my payment and refund the charges, if they have been processed. I also paid extra for a phone call, which never happened. I appreciate your help. Thanks
Excellent. I knew we were not getting 24v to thermostat,Hopefully tech installed you a fuse in the circuit so it does not ever happen again if a low voltage wire shorts.
Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.
Did not see the phone call request,Anyway, sorry you were not pleased as our goal is 100 per cent satisfaction.
I will forward your request to administrators.