airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.
16514686

Drew- my Carrier thermostat screen went blank. It has a hardwired r

Customer Question

Hi Drew- my Carrier thermostat screen went blank. It has a hardwired rechargeable battery (non-replaceable). Any ideas?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
is your blower unit draining into a pump? or is it in a attic?
A water safety switch can trip to prevent damage if a drain is blocked or pump fails...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
All of my HVAC equipment is in the basement. What started this was another Carrier thermostat that went blank... 'bought a Honeywell programmable replacement, accidentally switched the green wire to the blue terminal (I am colorblind in a dimly lit situation). The system worked for awhile and then the Carrier thermostat went blank in another zone (I have two zones for the unit).
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Where would I find a "water safety switch?"
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
Thank you....so is there a blinking light on the circuit board in the blower/furnace indoors?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I will check to see... where would the circuit board be on the unit?
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 2 years ago.
blower section.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok, I'm on it
Are you going to call me?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no blinking light in the electrical area of the blower section
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I do not have 24 hours to spend on this... It's blazing hot in here
Expert:  airheatman replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Did you find the control board in furnace? If so look and tell me if there is a small 3 or 5 amp auto type fuse on the board. If so see if it is blown.
http://i.imgur.com/kYe4Epz.png
http://i.imgur.com/zOpm9aP.png
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry Tim- I had a professional out this morning. Fixed it in 15 min... Burned out transformer. I appreciate your note, am unhappy with the service justanswer.com gave me. Please cancel my payment and refund the charges, if they have been processed. I also paid extra for a phone call, which never happened. I appreciate your help. Thanks
Excellent. I knew we were not getting 24v to thermostat,Hopefully tech installed you a fuse in the circuit so it does not ever happen again if a low voltage wire shorts.
Leaving a poor service rating will not automatically refund your money,but reflects poorly on your expert. You have to request a refund if not satisfied with the information provided being accurate.
Did not see the phone call request,Anyway, sorry you were not pleased as our goal is 100 per cent satisfaction.
I will forward your request to administrators.