HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I have a BesTechBT110D Thermostat. "Lo Bat" appeared on the…

Customer Question
I have a BesTechBT110D Thermostat...
I have a BesTechBT110D Thermostat. "Lo Bat" appeared on the display. 2 new batteries (exp. 2016) were installed. (Unlikely that thermostat was switched to OFF beforehand -as suggested in the manual). Now the display screen is blank. No temp readings at all. Unable to control temps nor fan. Cooling stays on unless I switch to off position. Temp goes down to 62 degrees (as shown on external thermometer). Fan stays on -even in "auto" position. Can you advise?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/20/2015
HVAC Technician: mranswer, HVAC Mechanic replied 3 years ago
mranswer
mranswer, HVAC Mechanic
Replace it as it has failed. This is a very inexpensive, basic thermostat that you can replace with whatever you want.