HVAC

Have HVAC Questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for Answers

HVAC

I had to replace batteries in my thermostat. Now my xv80 trane

Customer Question
system is not doing anything...
I had to replace batteries in my thermostat. Now my xv80 trane system is not doing anything like there is no power to unit. Checked breaker it is fine. Is there a reset button?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/20/2015
HVAC Technician: airheatman, HVAC Technician replied 2 years ago
airheatman
airheatman, HVAC Technician
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'll do my best to help. Let's get started and see what we can do.Are you sure batteries are good and properly installed? Do you get a display on thermostat? Can you do some hands on troubleshooting?

Batteries are installed properly an thermostat is lit up and displayed properly. Yes I am available to troubleshoot

Disconnect the G wire and touch it to R and tell me if the indoor blower comes on.

Blower did not come on. And I already checked fuse on unit control board

Do you have a multi meter to see if the transformer is ending 24 volts out?

Nope. You think there is not enough electricity flowing to fire up the unit?

If you touched r and G together and blower does not come on that tells us the indoor unit is not sending 24 volts to the thermostat.

I'm not much for working with electricity. I guess I'm going to have to make a service call.

I understand. I am here to help, but do not expect you to do anything you are not comfortable with.

Thanks for your help anyway

If you are unsatisfied, you may request a refund. Leaving a negative rating does not automatically get you a refund but reflects poorly on me.Thanks again for letting me assist you.
Phil
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer