HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

How do i clear the error 4 flash code on a train xe80 fur…

Customer Question
how do i clear the...
how do i clear the error 4 flash code on a train xe80 furnace
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/20/2015
HVAC Technician: BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech replied 3 years ago
BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
hello did you test the roll out switches?
i replace the limit switch i need to clear the error cod of 4 flashes
its a trane xe 80 furnace
I realize that...but I ask....did you check the roll outs? They can also code 4
didn't see any were would they be located
What are the first 3 spaces of model number?
I can then direct
do not have it in front of me at a diff house
Infront of the burner area are 2 porcelin unit a with a fuse looking thing across the top,
generally they have 2 yellow wires going to each.
yes saw that it was also replaced
Both of them?
only saw one the inducer and blower come on but will not light and the four flash cod
code
You have 3 choices,,,
open limit (you replaced)
open roll out (you replaced at least1)
Bad circuit board
You can hunt for more....but that is the extent of that code...limit, roll out, circuit board
to clear the flsh code do you need to reset anything on the furnace is it a lock out
no..the only way it clears is to close the circuit. It resets by itself when open is gone
ok thanks i will have to dig deeper into this and do a complete check of all safety devices
you will see if you follow the wires it is a one loop safety circuit...power leaves board goes through circuit..and returns to board.
something in the circuit id open...OR....the board is bad.
If all set just rate service so I can move from active list.
Billy