How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phil Your Own Question
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Category: HVAC
Satisfied Customers: 6022
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
Type Your HVAC Question Here...
Phil is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a central air unit it's a Chrysler air temp and the

Customer Question

I have a central air unit it's a Chrysler air temp and the drain pan is leaking and a broken pipe need parts for it can't afford a new furnace and central air it works good just need it to be fix it's old so one place won't fix it
Submitted: 2 years ago.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The drainpan is rust out really bad and the pipe is broken that drains then, it suppose to go to the drain down a hose to the floor
Expert:  Phil replied 2 years ago.
Hello, that is quite a situation you have there, I know the feeling. Clean the drain pan, inside and out as best you can, then use the kind of epoxy that comes in a long stick, and outer layer and an inner layer, use that to patch the bad spots after the drain pan dries. Then the epoxy driers, use Urethane roofing patch that comes in a caulking tube to go over the inside and outside of the pan. You can use the paper clip icon above to send me 3 or 4 pictures of the broken pipe. We can go from there.