HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I programed temperature to be 65 and it is not

Customer Question
Hi, I programed for the...
Hi, I programed for the temperature to be 65 and it is not cooling. It is throwing cool air through the vents but the temperature in the house is trying above 75. Right now is at 78
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
6/18/2015
HVAC Technician: HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH replied 3 years ago
HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Is the outside unit on running and blowing air?
Yes
OK if that is running and blowing air, then I would say the unit is low on freon. If the compressor outside is running and nothing is really cooling down most likely the unit is low on freon and the evaporator is just frosting over. You would need a tech to put some gauges on the unit to see how low it is on gas and charge it up.