HVAC

Have HVAC questions? Ask an HVAC Expert for answers

I change my filter every month. I changed it today, AC was…

Customer Question
I change my filter every...
I change my filter every month. I changed it today, AC was working fine, I installed new filter, turned unit on, compressor outside won't start up, any suggestions?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: HVAC
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/18/2015
HVAC Technician: Tim H., HVAC Professional replied 3 years ago
Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.
Is inside blower running when you turn cooling on?
I NEVER GOT AN ANSWER, NOR ANY HELP. ONLY RESPONSE I RECEIVED WAS HIS HELL IM, SO N SO, I'M HETE, WHAT YOUR QUESTION, I SENT SEVERAL MESSAGES.SITTING IN MY HOME, TEMPS 101, NO HELP, NO ANSWERS. THIS IS A JOKE. HEADED TO A MOTEL. REFUND MY MONEY AS I WILL CONTACT MY BANK OF THIS SCAM!!!!!!!!
Yes the blower inside is working, I answered that long ago. PLEASE HELP, I'M ON LAST TANK TO BREATHE.
HVAC Technician: Phil, Mechanical Engineer replied 3 years ago
Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
I am sorry for the problems you are having... Remove and replace the filter door on the furnace if that is the one you removed to replace the air filter... it has a door switch on it, so that if the door is not replaced properly the AC will not run
If that is not the problem you need to be in fairly robust condition, and with some test instruments to get this thing working again, there is about a 5% chance that you can fix the system yourself if it is not just a blower door switch issue.
If that turns out to be the case, it will be best to call in a well rated air conditioning service company.
If you want to tell me which direction from the nearest city you are I will find the nearest one...hopefully they get you a fast appointment considering the problems you are having with oxygen.
Let me know if you wish, we can go from there.